Happy Sunday everyone. What did you do to renew your spirit today? It's time to share with you this weeks happenings and ways that worked to save our family money.
* I purchased flea medication from the vet's office instead of online and got 1 tube free (did you know that if you purchase Frontline from a veterinarian's office and if you somehow still end up with fleas in your home they will pay for Terminix to come out and treat the flea problem?)
* We made Dove body wash and filled two 24 ounce bottles from 3 bars of soap. I bascially paid 3.50 for two bottles that would have normally cost 5.50 each at the store.
* Made home made furniture polish with a recipe from Pinterest.
* I had a 10.00 coupon from Build a Bear and I used it to purchase my son a Christmas gift so in the end I only paid 2.50 for the gift.
* We combined errands on our day off and ended up visiting grandma....We accepted a walmart bag full of clothes for my daughter, a princess sleeping bag that will now become the comforter for her bed, 1 toy, and a kids tent for my son that they have set up in our great room and are playing inside of as I type.
* We also browsed a Wal mart for after halloween sales and I got the kids a stocking stuffer and paid .25 for each item.
We also hosted our daughters 3rd birthday party.
Oh and my photo plans had bombed during our anniversary weekend due to rainy weather but we had cleaned up our yard for the party so we did an at home photo shoot....Aunti P took the pics for me and here is one unedited
http://fromnature-tonurture.blogspot.com/ called pic monkey. During our photo shoot I also snapped this current years picture of the birthday girl for her side of the wall, and we took a photo of our son too that will go on his side of the wall in our play room. We didn't buy school pictures.
It was a great week. I plan to share more about this weekend in a special post later this week. Please share you accomplishments!