Well this will be stuff I did over the last couple of weeks.
So I have a daughter that is three and she got some Easter money from a lovely lady who has sort of become their adoptive grandmother here in Florida. I share about this because I am very proud of a decision she made. We were doing some shopping, and she wanted to spend her money and she chose a toy first. Then as we shopped on she saw nail polish with a small bag that had minnie mouse on it with two tiny bottles of nail polish. I told her she had to choose between the toy and the nail polish (which personally I didn't think she needed the bag and the two bottles of polish were so tiny and I just didn't think it was a wise choice, it was expensive just because of the picture of minnie mouse on it, but I didn't say anything) She really wanted nail polish. So I showed her that there were big bottles of nail polish for 1.00 each that she could choose from more colors, but i told her she would have to put the other things back. I stood back and let her make her choice.....
Other things that we did over the last few weeks:
* Repurposed a cabinet I used previoulsy as a craft babinet, as a computer desk
* Our son had a $10.00 gift certificate from the AR program at school and he put it towards the purchase of a game he wanted
* Paid off the final $550.00 of a bill my husband had.
* Set a new budget for our apartment living
* Changed cell phone plans and reduced the bill by $40.00 per month
* Filed form with water company regarding the leak we had and the repair that was made and recieved a $45.00 credit.
* Went to an Easter picnic at the park and was able to just take things I already had on hand.
* Made art for the wall from my son's art project using a frame i had already
* We didn't eat out for over a week! Which is a huge accomplishment for us. Unfortunately though I have fallen off the wagon already and we spent about 20.00 out right after we accomplished our no eat out week.
* We also invested in some seeds, and fruit trees, and I am trying to learn to garden a little, but my herbs that I tried to start already died. I am not giving up though. I am going to replant a different way and try again.
* I made brownies and pancakes from scratch...both big hits! Oh and I made homemade lasagna too...making my own sauce. That was pretty good too though I need to tweak the amount of spices I put in the sauce.
* I made homemade dish soap.
* Saved .20 per gallon on gas by using gas rewards from a local grocery store.
* I also just today made a jewelry display/holder using a frame we had but unfortuantely in moving the glass got broken....the hooks I used were .97 for six and I used 12 hooks.
And to wrap it all up I said no to alot of things...things that would have been fun like a trip to a local carnival, no to thrift store trips even on 50 % off Wednesdays, and even no to a trip to the dollar tree. There just wasn't anything we really really needed, and to be honest I still have stuff I need to get rid of. Thanks for stopping by.....what did you do to save....remember it all adds up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And you are appreicated, if no one said it this week, I am saying it to you now!