Thursday, July 17, 2014

Thank you for hanging in there

I just wanted to apologize for the unplanned silence on the blog lately, and to say thank you to those who sent messages checking in on me.

I am ok.  Life has been a whirlwind lately.  A couple of weeks ago I finally got a doctors appointment with a doctor here in Florida.  They did an EEG based on some symptoms I had been having and the test showed some abnormalities.  That led me to an immediate appointment that day with a cardiologist.  I went on my trip to Raleigh which was alot of fun and I shared pictures.  I completed the series of tests ordered by the cardiologist when I returned, and the good news is that my heart is functioning the way it should.  The bad news is that the right chambers are mildly enlarged.  So the goal is to make better lifestyle and eating choices and for me to do some more cardio to get this weight off so that maybe this will not progress anymore.  If weight loss does not help then I will eventually have to have some additonal testing.

My diabetes is out of control with my A1c at 7.3  so I definitely have got work to do. I am only still taking an oral medication for diabetes but I have gone from 1000 mg a day to 2000 mg a day.  I am praying about what works for me to get a handle on this.  I find that what works for the majority of others often does not work for me.

There are two other big changes coming.  I will begin working part time one month and one day from now.  I will work evenings for a local insurance company taking claims calls.  I applied for this job back 7 and a half months ago when we first moved to Florida.  They contacted me, I completed the interview process this time and got hired.  I am excited  and I took the job for two reasons.  One if my husband decides that he doesn't want to be with me, I don't want to have to scramble to provide for myself and our children.  The second reason is that we temporarily could use two incomes, our apartment flooded again, and we are done.  The landlord did not seem to care...she was like well you will just have to turn the main water valve on and off as needed.  That doesn't sit well with us....the leak is fixed again for now...but we have decided to cut our losses and we have found another home...with a bigger yard.  I will share pictures as we make progress.

I had doctors appointments, my trip to NC, needed new tires for the car, overspent on the fourth of July weekend, payed a new deposit  for a new place where the rent is more than what we currently pay, our son turned 9, and we have a planned trip to Delaware for a family reunion, leaving my savings account empty.  I feel accomplished but drained.  I am reminding myself that the little things I have kept up with doing actually do make a difference and are one of the reasons all of the above mentioned things have been taken care of.  Of course I hold also to Philippians 4 : 6  do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

God more than provides the needs of my family.  He loves me despite my mistakes and shortcomings.  There is no greater gift that I could imagine.  My husband and I are doing ok.  I am finally starting to see some real caring about me coming from him again.  It's progress.  We ran into some old friends last week and he admitted his spiritual struggles and lack of desire for church.  We were invited to spend some time with them, and maybe that will be fruitful for my husband.  We shall see.

I don't have any great pictures to share today...maybe tomorrow :)  Love you all...thanks for staying with me.


No comments:

Post a Comment