Tuesday, March 27, 2018

It is Spring!!!!

Or so they say, I have heard across the nation that the weather has been temperamental.  I guess I have not written much because I really do not know what to write about much lately.  I have saved a little money I suppose.

I salvaged a trash can in my yard and washed it out and brought it back in to use in the house.

I purchased tickets and armbands for the Clay County Fair in advance saving 30.00 overall.

Accepted hand me down bodywashes and perfumes from a friend who is allergic.

The father daughter dance at my daughter's school is next Friday and she had no dress shoes that fit....so on Sears.com a pair we saw a few weeks ago for over 30.00 were on sale for just 12.00 so I purchased those, and she can use those for a bit.  I also purchased a multicolored flower bracelet from a friend who sells Paparazzi jewelry that her father can give her that will last longer than real flowers.

I still sell Senegence Skin Care on the side, and I am working my full time job. If you are on Facebook and would like to join my group you can search up Lady J's Luscious Lip Lounge.  My hours have been reduced, but I am learning to live within what I make, and praying to be sensitive to God's leading and direction in my life should there be opportunities I am not seeing.  A good friend is staying with me helping with the bills and with the kids....this whole situation is a work in progress.



My kids for the first time in a long time wanted to go to the park, so we purchased tennis rackets at the Goodwill for 1.99 each.

My daughter got an award for Perfect attendance the last nine weeks of school.  I cannot believe that school is almost over.  Only one semester left already.



We also participated in a school sponsored Skate night...and though the school receives proceeds from the event, my kids get to do more activities for less money.



It is not money saving but I went on my son's field trip with him to Medieval Times.  It was alot of fun and a bonding experience with him.  My best friend thankfully kept my daughter overnight and got her to school the next day!!!!!



I hope everyone else is working to find joy and making room to enjoy life.  I know we must work and care for other's along the way....but make some memories!  Here is some encouragement if you are feeling defeated like I often do.



4 comments:

  1. MJ, it seems spring has brought more than just a change in the weather. You sound happier & more at peace. I hope that is truly the situation. I’m glad you had some time doing fun stuff with your kids. Praying for more good things to come your way. ...Vicky in Ky

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I love the encouragement picture!
    Hope all is still well with you and yours. (All still in my prayers.)

    ReplyDelete