Sunday, February 3, 2019

Cutting the Corporate Ties!

Wow it has been so long since I even wrote, I wasn't sure if the blog would still be up...LOL. 

Life has been the roller coaster ride it always was.  I worked a regular job the last 16 months from 9 am to 730 pm nightly  (hours varied daily.)  There were lots of adjustments and sometimes hardships for everyone.

I experienced some personal financial set backs and even working that job and giving it my all, I was still on the brink of losing everything.  I was so worried how I would provide Christmas for the kids, and if I would be able to keep our rental and some nights what we would eat.  I decided as the new year began there would be no more nights like that.

I started looking for a job that offered better pay and possibly better hours.  I didn't find anything but I had started driving for Uber, and delivering for Door Dash and a company called Post Mates.  I was only doing these things on my days off or hours before I had to be at my regular job.  I found that I am close to matching my hourly pay at my corporate job.

After enough drama and what I feel was unfair treatment occurred at my regular job, there was no future, or even acknowledgement there.   Yesterday I cut the "corporate .tie"  I will focus on being self employed with these delivery companies for a bit, and maybe keep an eye out for something I really want to do that will have hours prayerfully conducive to having a family.  I love my family, and I want to be home for a regular meal, not rushing to eat do homework and then go to bed.  I want time to play, make memories, and remember what my hobbies are.  Here is to working for myself for a bit and seeing where this path leads.  I have spent so much time laying awake and being afraid, I am happy I took the leap.  Stay tuned to see where it leads, I hope to post more.  I have a wedding post to share, and birthday post to share, to still give a few money saving tips!

Love to you all, be Blessed,

MJ

3 comments:

  1. Good to see you back! I would check back monthly (as I remembered - crazy memory) and see if you were here. Happy you have found a new path to try for the time being. It really is hard when you have kids to fit life and all in. I was a single mom when my kids were 10 and 12. In all honesty I was a single mom even when I was married to their dad. It isn't always easy being a mom and the responsible one but it is so worth it. Hang in there! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to see a post from you! I'm sorry things were so hectic for a while for you. I know that can all be so stressful and affect a person in many ways. I am glad that you now seem to have peace about what you are currently doing. I have heard that people enjoy doing the delivery positions for those companies and some people make out very good, income-wise, as long as they keep up with doing it and their car holds out for the job. I hope it works out well for you and if you are looking for something else I hope you find what you are looking for. :)
    And okay, did I read something about a "wedding post" just now in that last sentence?!? Lol. Girl, you can't just drop a line like that to close out with and not explain, hahaha.
    Anyway, I hope you and the kiddos are all doing okay and please keep posting more. You were missed! ;) ((Hugs))XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left full time employment last July. I'm in a different position though, my husband still works fulltime but it was a major adjustment as I made more money.
    So far, I haven't missed the drama.

    ReplyDelete