Wednesday, July 3, 2019

What does today find you doing?

It finds me doing a budget.  Have you checked yours lately.  I will be honest, because I was an independent contractor for a bit, I have been flying by the seat of my pants, and I know better.  Currently I am delivering pizza at night.  I never know how much I might make.  Starting today though, I have my good old budget binder out.  I am literally writing down each expense and every dime that comes in.

I got remarried almost a year ago and my son is turning 14.  It is also my new husband's birthday.  The new to me car I added to the family a while back has needed unexpected not covered by warranty repairs, and in the Florida heat despite 300 in repairs I have no air conditioning in the car. I tried making one of those portable ones out of a cooler.  Despite what the you tube videos show, it did not work for me at all.

Currently I am also sharing my space with a family of 4 that is experiencing some difficult times of their own.  It's not a big deal or burden for me because we already have the space we live in and have to pay for it.  The electric bill went up 100.00 which could be due to more people or this crazy heat wave that comes and goes here.

I refuse to go to the beach with all the reports about the flesh eating bacteria ( there may be one rare very clean one family discovered that we may visit for hub's bday)  Finding activities for 5 kids can be difficult.  I am not paying to swim at the public pools.  That cash could be used some place else.  A couple months ago I  purchased a trampoline and a slip and slide, but it's been too hot to use them until evening.

I have lost my touch for frugal living, my new partner has never had to live that way despite his limited income for years he was single and only had to care for himself.  Living with a family has been difficult for him to say the least.  (Like borderline divorce difficult but that is a story for a different day.)

I will prayerfully be revamping the blog over the next few weeks.  It is time I start doing something that I love.  Depression has over taken me, I no longer desire to be overweight, and most days I am really forcing myself out of bed.  Maybe I can add a section on self improvement and the things I learn during the process.  I need to find a way to earn money from home that is my heart's desire.  Will you pray with me.  There are 4 adults in this house there must be some creative way we can all improve our situation.

2 comments:

  1. Hello! It sounds like you have been very busy, lol. Congratulations on your marriage! And omg, the kids are growing up so fast. How are they both doing? I know it's been hot here but probably nowhere near as hot as where you are. I hope you find some relief from the heat soon. When it's that hot outside it is sometimes hard to find things for the kids to do that does not cost much. We have been relying a lot on community events, things offered by the school during summertime and library events this summer and anything else that is free or cheap, and we've been managing to stay really busy. I am sure you can easily get back into frugal living- you were always really good at that. And I'm sure your husband will get used to it and appreciate it when he starts to see the dollars being saved for other needs. Glad to hear that you will be blogging again. I have not really been on blogger in a long long time. There just hasn't been much time to write anything or to even read anyone else's blogs, but I am hoping once school starts again for the kids I can get back into it. I am sorry that you have struggled with depression. I deal with it too, as well as anxiety and it can really get tough at times. I will be praying for you to overcome that. If you ever need to talk you know where to find me. ;) Please give my love to your kiddos and ask them to give you a great big hug from me! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just saw your comments I had no idea they existed, I had to moderate comments because of comments from unknowns and their advertisement. I really miss you guys think of you alot. Things have been tough I am working on recovery! I may still have your number in an old phone if it hasn't changed.

      Delete