Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Getting ready

So we have spent the last weekend and will spend the rest of this week tying up loose ends.....I have been reading America's Cheapest Family gets you right on the money which was featured on http://www.blissfulanddomestic.com/

I discovered that blog a few months ago when in desperation I was searching for ways to cut more costs when my husband lost his job.  We were with little money and it took a month or two to purchase the book featured on the blissful and domestic blog.  Once money started coming in a little more, I found us on the opposite end of the spectrum going crazy spending too much money because we hadn't had any and it was like we wanted everything we saw...or we wanted to eat out because we hadn't been able to.  I have adapted the Economides budget template to a weekly template because that is how we get paid at the present.  I have made a list to include all the things I can think of that we need money for but don't usually have it.  We usually just hope there is money for pet food or gas and take it and make the purchase we think we need to make.  So of course we are always walking around saying we are so broke we don't have any money etc, etc.....I think the truth of it is...we have had money we just don't think about how we use it.  Needless to say we are never prepared for any emergency or even increased costs of caring for our home in the winter.

This is the last week in May 2013.  This final week before we start this program I have been tying up our loose ends.  We want to start the new budget plan this coming friday, May 31, 2013.  I am giving up my trips to the nail salon that my daughter and I were making(just started in the last month....we were going every two weeks) I really loved getting them done...but i did take a course on nails a couple years ago...I don't know if i got anything from the class other then a student loan i am still making payments on 5 years later (i recommend never getting a student loan)....Anyway I plan to do my research(as many of the books and blogs I have read suggest) and do my nails myself.  We will see how it goes.  I want to start posting pictures of things we do but i don't know how yet. 

So this week I plan to tie up all the little debts we have...bought the cat the collar I promised my son she could have, ordered heart guard for the dog, stocked up on my makeup because i was almost out, and i bought body soap etc.  We also had an unexpected car repair to make, but thankfully the company we work for has a mechanic and he gave us a great huge discount and the part ended up maybe being 25.00 bucks.  I also plan to let my son go to a ball game he won tickets for from school but after this if we dont' have the money in our family entertainment bracket...then we don't do it. 

I can't wait to get started.  We will see how it goes.  I don't know if we are strong enough to stick to a budget plan....if we can say that terrible two letter word....NO to ourselves..  We will see.....

No comments:

Post a Comment