It has been another week already and it is that time again to come together and share what we do to be good stewards of what we have been given!
* I accepted a walmart bag full of coupons, a couple outfits for my daughter and a pair of shoes for her from an older couple we have bonded with in our church
* I made Aunti P a birthday gift from photos and frames we have picked up in previous weeks and decorated it using craft supplies I already had
* We used tomatoes in as many ways as we could to keep what we had left in the fridge from going bad and having to throw them away...we even one day had a simple lunch of tomato sandwiches with a little salt and mayo. (we are working hard to reduce our food waste)
* I made a sour cream coffee cake from scratch to use up sour cream (googled a recipe and got one from all recipes.com) I have left so it won't go bad. It was apparently very good, it only lasted two days.
* We had someone surprisingly offer us two twin mattresses, a lamp, and a homemade bed frame. We accepted them, and replaced my daughters older not so supportive mattress on her bed, the other was also put in our daughters room for our son to sleep on while we have a temporary house mate. My son was so kind and gave up his room for the gentleman.
* Our electric bill despite needing to use the heat some this month came in at about 87.00 for the month..(my goal is to stay on budget is 100.00 or less) which is awesome because we usually are at 150 in the winter. I turned off the computer when we were not using it, set the washer to wash in cold water every load, and used a shorter cycle on the dishwasher, and did not allow it to dry the dishes.
* My highlight of the week was this
* The last thing I can think of this week is that I made my Uncle's wedding gift using also craft materials we had on hand.
My flops for the week were, we forgot about a lunch offer we extended to someone about two weeks ago, and we had to follow through on it but thankfully my husband did a side job that paid for most of the lunch. The rest of the week though we ate at home, I even have about a two week menu plan.
We also over spent on our Christmas budget by about $60.00. My husband unexpectedly picked up a gift for me, and I decided to buy postage for Christmas cards and I need to unexpectedly ship a package too. We are done shopping though. Now we just have stuff to make.
I hope everyone had a great week!. I love hearing from you!