Anyway, this week we.....
* made homemade dog food......I have been mixing it with the kibble I bought a couple weeks ago in an effort to make it last longer. Dog and outside cat love it!!! (made it using things we already had in the pantry and freezer)
* I saved 26.00 using coupons and store sales at Food Lion for our groceries, I have set a goal not to have to go to the store till after Christmas, we will see how we do.
* We made homemade playdough as Christmas gifts, and gave some away as a birthday gift for a last minute party we were invited to.
I packaged it in frosting containers using empty fruit cups, and I also used peanut butter jars and sandwich bags for the the other three packages we made that we will give away at Christmas.
* I made peanut butter blossoms from scratch
* We made 16 bags of homemade microwave popcorn to give as gifts with store purchased seasoning
* Kmart gave 4.00 in free points just for being a member in 2013 so I used it to purchase toilet paper
* A family friend treated me and my daughter to a Panera lunch and I used my birthday reward from them to get a free Cinnamon Crunch Scone that we split with our friend
* We accepted two new kittens (4 months old) into our home ( I know not frugal) but the lady gave us absolutely everything we will need for them, it was nice quality stuff too including the litter system, a cat tower, scratching pole food and toys so no out of pocket cost any time soon and I can get them spayed inexpensively through our states Department of Ag program. Our son lost his cat ealier this fall, and we had said no more...but our will was weak.
*Accepted a family size griddle that another family was getting rid of.
*The best entertainment we had this week was brought to us buy our weather...it didn't last long, but we had fun while it did.....