Saturday, August 12, 2017

Attempts at being Frugal and Blessings.

So I should completely take down that last post....that person who wanted to be there for us well that turned out to be bogus and blew up in my face totally. I am officially without income, without a roommate, and in a place I cannot afford.

However my ex told me that all the doors just seemed closed in Florida that maybe it was time for me to move to Delaware.  I am not really wanting to bend to his (my exes )will at the moment. Such a move is not completely off the table if I fail but guess what no job or house there either. I mean my kids could live with their dad, but that leaves me now where and I don't want to be without my children.  So I did go before God and I prayed and I know it's time that I need to be self sufficient somehow to provide for my children.  Blessings abounded this week..  My savings were not of my doing but of divine intervention.

My daughter received a free hair cut at a local church.  A lady offers her services for free to the church that offers the food bridge. I also participated in two back to school giveaways.  These events were a huge blessing.  My son needed pants and surprisingly he is extremely picky and I was able at each event to find him some shirts that fit and the specific type of pants he likes.  I also found a pair of shoes for him.  My daughter was able to select 2 outfits at each event.  Though I don't really feel she needed anything. We did also receive some free food and some school supplies....which was definitely a blessing, because even with those free items, I still spent about 50.00 out of pocket.  I did sell a little jewelry which help offset the cost.  My ex is also supposed to be offering us a little support this month, but I have to wait and see if it makes it.

One of the give aways included plain black back packs.  My daughter was feeling extremely ungrateful.  I told her she could still use her old back pack then.  Well we came up with a brilliant idea as a compromise.  We visited the craft department at Walmart and purchased two containers of fabric paint and she decorated the black bag and her pencil box using the paint and some other things we already had here at the house.



When we were in the craft department, we also purchased iron on patches because I cannot sew to save my life.  We plan on repairing several pairs of leggings, a few of my shirts, and some jeans with those items.  I will show you our completed pile.  We plan to cut fun shapes out of the patches and use the fabric paint as well.

I received some vouchers to help with expenses like gas, though that was driven out pretty quickly, and also to help with rent and electric.  I fought with the state to be reinstated into their work or welfare transition program, and will volunteer the next two weeks and receive some assistance from them for a time.  It appears through these open doors we may be able to maintain our current home for maybe 60 days.  I am in fear of what happens next.  Roommates are not working out for me.  I cannot find another place with out a job.  Daily I am sending out my resume and putting in applications for all sorts of things.  I have decided to start speaking life over my life starting with this:

And My God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches and in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:19.

We are working to make each morsel stretch if there is something we do not eat we try to make it fill out a meal for a pet.  We had some freebies for fruitcups and drinks at Chick Fil A as well as a frosted coffee and a cookie.  Also a friend treated us to our favorite local pizza place called Vito's last night for dinner.

The tread on my rear tire blew on my van.  The event could have been so much worse.  We were not traveling fast and the tire did not go completely flat.  A Clay County Sheriff's deputy stopped along with another gentleman to help change the tire.  I did not expect this.  I am so glad it happened though because I had just removed road side assistance from my insurance because I reduced things to the bare minimum to keep expenses low.

Our last electric bill was 218.00.  Completely affordable for me and outrageous.  I was able to receive assistance which helped me get ahead, but we are being super cautious.  Everything is being unplugged when not in use.  I pushed the thermostat to 83 and told the kids to wear shorts and play where a fan is running. I also am washing clothes but shortening the wash cycle to the shortest one, and drying them for only 10 minutes.  They are air drying on my porch now to finish.  I am praying to know how to use every penny faithfully.  From pet supplies to housing if there is something cheaper out there.

My kids are a little anxious but I am putting in applications pretty much daily.  I was gifted 20.00 by a friend for gas, and I also will cash out 15.00 in Swagbucks for gas as well.

I hope next weekend to host a yard sale I have posted many things on facebook for sale with little success. I need to raise the cash for a new or used tire.

I also saw my doctor who prescribed some new medications and for some reason insulin needles are not covered by my insurance and she went to see if any patients had turned in any that were unused and unopened.  I was blessed with 10 syringes.  I am temporarily blessed with state insurance so I can have my medications.

I also cut up the toothpaste container to strain the last little bit cuz my kids are picky and like a certain kind from the dollar tree but I am not going there until I can combine errands.

This week I plan to begin exercising and measuring my food.  Having my diabetes is putting me at risk and I want to be here for my babies.  So no more fooling around.  I am the only actual family they have in this state.

To reduce expenses more, I may drop my cell phone next month. It's already paid for this month and the phone number is on alot of applications.  I pray God opens a door for steady income in the next 60 days.  The state if I can complete their program offers 300 monthly and while wonderful doesn't begin to cover housing.  It will pay car insurance and a power bill with a little left over.  I am choosing though to speak life into our lives.

Meditation on verses others have sent and shared.  What are some of your favorite word of encouragement.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry for the hurt and troubles you are having.. Praying for you.
    MJ, I don't mean to be ugly about your ex husband.But, he helped make those babies and they are his responsibility too. You need to go to your local Dept of Human Services. Tell them you situation, they can help you get the kids on medical insurance. And they will help you to get help for the kids. and They will make him pay child support [and even if he tells you , he cant afford it...neither can you].He MUST, help.
    I hope you dont have to move to where he is.. I think he is just using you to have the kids close to him.. Not sure, How that would help you ???
    Will be praying you find a job soon.. hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ, I continue to pray for you and your family.
    Judy is right about going after that child support!
    Hang in there, and keep speaking life over your life.
    It sounds like you are doing a good job at being frugal, for sure.

    ReplyDelete